CODE OF RESEARCH ETHICS |
A code of ethics in research establishes the guidelines by defining the scope to protect the rights, methodology and reputation of an esteemed institute’s research scholars which empowers them to become a responsible Indian citizen.
The college is committed to produce and promote original research with highest quality, devoid of plagiarism of any sort while encouraging academic freedom and innovative thinking. Submission of plagiarized works abuse the resources of all affected journals, including the valuable time of editors, reviewers, and staff, and is unprofessional and unacceptable. The college inculcates its faculty and students to abide by the highest standards of integrity in their conduct of academic research and/or support to academic research activities so as to conform to the following code:
- No form of plagiarism is allowed in the college. Plagiarism may be of various kinds such as claiming another’s paper as one’s own, copying or paraphrasing substantial parts of another’s work without due acknowledgement and claiming credit for another’s research and so on
- The college lays strong emphasis on the standard of research, original thought and expression which are ensured through multiple layers of review. The faculty and students are expected to follow appropriate guidelines for publication in various journals, including those recognized by the UGC.
- Faculty and students must avoid any action that may result in a conflict of interest. When objectivity and effectiveness cannot be maintained, the activity should be avoided or discontinued.
- Proper authorship representation must be maintained.
- Any incidence of fabrication or misrepresentation shall be a serious breach of professional conduct, with potentially severe ethical and legal consequences.
- Faculty/students attending/participating in any conference, permission must be sought from the HOD in writing, stating the purpose of the visit, the name and venue of the seminar/conference, and subject their work for a review by available anti- plagiarism software like drillbit.